Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Cars can be art too!!

Good morning to all!

Now, as tradition goes, BMW likes to take one of their racing cars, give someone a paint brush, lock them together in a room and leave them to create something they call an "art car".

This tradition goes all the way back to the late 1970s when the first art car came to life.

I'm sure all of us have different opinions on what to classify as art and what not, but I'm pretty sure we can agree on one thing, art is something that gets appreciated. So, the question is, do we appreciate BMW's art car?

From my point of view, I think it's great that someone has the freedom to go bonkers on a BMW with a paintbrush! Personally, I won't mind painting the BMW 1 series whose driver showed "excellent" skills in the parking department, forcing me to make a 1000 point turn in the parking lot. It would be the first BMW "pinstripe art car".

But still, it makes me wonder if BMW will ever do a Formula 1 art car, that would get appreciated! Maybe it's just me...

Anyway, according to BMW, if it has wheels and is capable to get to 300 km/h, give someone a brush and some crayons, tell him he must find his inner child and go nuts on the car, then we call it art!

Check out the Citroen Le mans Concept car blog post as well if you want more on Le Mans concept cars.

No comments: